Within the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding between L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University and Haci Bayram Ankara University, 2nd–year doctoral students of the educational program "8D03101 - Sociology" of the Department of Sociology of the Faculty of Social Sciences of L.N. Gumilyov ENU conducted a scientific internship in Ankara, Turkey.
The scientific internship of doctoral students Dauletkeldieva A.A., Zhanadilova A.E., Maimakova A.A., Nurkanat A.N., Sanatkanuly M. was held at the Department of Sociology of Haci Bayram Veli University in a mixed format: in remote form from March 02 to April 30, 2022 and in full-time form from May 01 to May 30 (June 14) 2022.The internship of doctoral students was supervised by a scientific consultant, Doctor of Sociological Sciences, Professor Hayati Beshirli.
During the period of scientific internship doctoral students:
1) received consultations from Hayati Besherli on the structure and content of doctoral dissertations and interim results of scientific research, on scientific literature, on the preparation of scientific articles for journals indexed in the Scopus database;
2) studied modern methods of scientific research in foreign science, methods of processing and interpretation of sociological data, including quantitative and qualitative data;
3) received consultations from the faculty of the Department of Sociology of Haji Bayram Veli University on publication ethics, critical analysis, academic writing, as well as the use of Big Data in dissertation research;
4) got acquainted with the theoretical approaches used in the universities of the cities of Ankara and Istanbul, as well as the research of leading teachers, professors of Istanbul University, Uskyudar University, Yuldirim Beyazit University https://uskudar.edu.tr/tr/icerik/7899/kazakistanli-doktora-ogrencileri-uskudar-universitesini-ziyaret-etti;
5) made presentations at the international symposium organized by the Institute of Social Sciences of Van University for graduate students in the field of social sciences in the period from 12 to 14 May 2022, and the II International Interdisciplinary Congress of Digital Life organized by Gazi University in Ankara in the period from 20 to 22 May 2022;
6) conducted an analytical review of foreign scientific literature on the topics of dissertation research in the libraries of the cities of Ankara and Istanbul, etc.
The experience of foreign scientific internship has proved to be extremely effective and important for doctoral students, because:
- consultations and valuable advice on the topics of dissertation research were received from a foreign consultant on research methodology, work with bibliographic sources, technologies for writing scientific publications;
- the opportunity to study the scientific works of foreign scientists and teachers in accordance with the topics of dissertation research was used;
- communication in a foreign language during a scientific internship helps not only to increase the level of knowledge of a foreign language, but also to improve communication skills, which is especially important for sociologists.